Follow these suggestions if you have non-submitted ads after your Ad Materials Deadline has passed.
AdBuilder and AdSpace allow purchasers to buy ads first and build later. While this is a positive change from Balfour's past ad solution, it does mean some purchasers may fail to submit their ad by your designated Ad Materials Deadline. Balfour has built several tools into StudioBalfour's Ad Manager to help manage late ads.
How can I tell if I have late or non-submitted ads?
To get started, log in to your StudioBalfour account to access the new Ads Manager (Manage > Ads Manager). Here you can review the status of each ads. To locate ads not submitted, click the filter icon on the status column. Toggle off the "Select All" option, and toggle back on the "New" and "In Progress" statuses.
- New Status - The purchaser has never accessed the AdSpace or AdBuilder system.
- In Progress Status - The purchaser has logged into their AdSpace or AdBuilder instance, but has not submitted their final ad.
Send a Reminder Email using Bulk Actions
When you have ads in the above status, it's a good idea to send parents a reminder that content is due. Email functionality is built right into StudioBalfour. To send a bulk email to all "New" and "In Progress" status purchasers, follow these steps:
- From the Ads Manager, click Bulk Actions > Ads Coming Due email. This will filter only the New and In Progress ad statuses.
- Click Continue to view and edit the reminder email. Customize your message, urging parents to finish their ads quickly and avoid missing the print deadline. Note: Balfour will append the order number and ad instructions to the email in the sending process.
- If desired, you can modify the Subject and choose your Sender. We recommend sending from the adviser so replies are received.
- When ready, click Send to complete the email blast.
Expire Ads in Bulk
As long as an ad status shows "New" or "In Progress" the purchaser has the ability to submit the ad. Balfour does not auto-expire your ads once the ad materials deadline has past to afford advisers the flexibility for how to handle these situations. As your yearbook publishing deadline get closer, it's important to disable the ability to submit ads to prevent late submissions that cannot be included in the book. You can expire ads on a one-off basis, or you can expire the ads in bulk using the following steps:
- From the Ads Manager, choose Bulk Actions > Expire.
- The system will filter down to all New and In Progress ads at one time.
- Review the ads selected and choose Continue to expire the ads.
1 This tutorial will walk through the Bulk Actions features referenced in this email. The first step is to open StudioBalfour and click Manage.
2 Click Ads Manager.
3 Locate the Status Column. Click the filter icon.
4 Click to toggle off Select All.
5 Click to toggle on New.
6 Click to toggle on In Progress.
7 Next to Bulk Actions, click Select An Action.
8 To send an email to all buyers with past due ads, select Ads Past Due Email.
9 By selecting this action, the system will filter to make sure you are only sending to the applicable audience. If you wish to deselect any recipient, you can do so by unchecking the box on the far right. Otherwise, click Continue.
10 Click the dropdown box to choose who your email is sent from.
11 You can select the sender for your email by clicking the FROM box. We recommend always sending from the adviser email so replies come back to you.
12 Review the subject and body of the email and make any necessary edits.
When ready, click Send Email. That's it, you're done with the email tutorial. Next, let's look at expiring ads.
13 If your deadline has passed and you are ready to expire all ads, you can do so at one time using the Bulk Actions. To get started, click Select An Action.
14 Select Expire.
15 All New and In Progress ads will be selected. If you wish to deselect any of the ads, you can do so at this time by unchecking the box on the far right. Once you have the ads you wish to expire selected, click Continue.
16 A warning will pop up to make sure you are ready to expire your ad or ads. Click OK.
17 That's it. You're done.
Here's an interactive tutorial for the visual learners
Should I offer Refunds?